Monday, 22 August 2011

Anti-Foul Removal

Sorry it has been a long while! It has been the summer holiday here and I started a new job which I have been getting settled into.

I have started to remove the anti-foul from the hull of my Snapdragon 27 MKII and thought I would document the results here.

The first method I am trying is the Proscraper by It has a vacuum attachment to collect the scrapings which is quite useful to keep the workshop floor clean. Sarah struggles a bit with it, it requires quite a bit of force from one hand pushing down whilst pulling with the other. I can work with it quite quickly stripping paint and primer down the bare gelcoat, but it gets tiring quite quickly.

It has gouged the hull quite badly in some areas where the hull is rounded and have rounded of the edges of the blade with a metal file to try to prevent this further.

I am going to upload a photo of the area on the skeg where anti-foul has been removed.

I am going to try and get samples for some chemical gelcoat safe anti-fowl removal products and will update my progress here. I am hoping this research will help with my Yacht and Small Craft Surveying qualification which I am currently studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment