Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Stripping (Not me! The boat!)

Greetings web fans and those interest in the Snapdragon 27 Yacht.

I spent Sunday in the shed taking measurements and stripping of more deck items; rails, pushpits, pulpit, and some of the items in the locker.

I found a rather dangerous bodged bilge pump pipe. It had a Y splitter in it and one of the inputs had just been blocked with a rag held by a jubilee clip!!! Imagine if I was taking on  water and tried to empty the bilges with the incoming water just going in circles!

I also removed the existing side loading gas locker. The drain for the gas was not all downhill. The pipe had a slight loop in it as you can see in the photo which would hold gas! I am going to build a new gas locker to current regulations.

If you are following with interest regarding Antifoul stripping methods I have received a tin from International last week kindly donated by them to help with my studies. I hope to do the test in two weekends time when i have both the Saturday and Sunday free.

I'm trying to integrate this blog with my one on the main project site at www.goodtarp.com so that I have to write the blog once and not have to cut and paste it between the two

Sat in the starboard locker unbolting the Pushpit
RATHER DANGEROUS! The bilge pump had a Y connection in it and this is how one hose had been filled!

Old Diesel Tank and Side loading gas locker.
Exhaust Output to Stern
Deck Stripping Underway

No comments:

Post a Comment